[CQ-Contest] WPX Debate

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX Debate
From: Ve3bmv@aol.com (Ve3bmv)
Date: Sat Apr 18 12:12:22 1998
In a message dated 98-04-18 09:46:18 EDT, K3ZO writes:

<<  However, I think that N8BJQ, in changing the contest so that domestic QSOs
 count 1 point each, has done a good thing.  It will make it more fun for
 others without decreasing the fun for me. >>

Ditto here! Bravo and thank you N8BJQ for 1 pointers! (As I mentioned earlier,
Steve said last year around this time, "we will see..."  .   and we saw!)
   I think in the light of getting one point for domestic QSOs, the "36-hour
problem" might not be as severe. Let's give it a try, the more populated
countries might find more stations to fill those "extra" 6 hours by working
one pointers.
   I think overall, the 0 point for any QSO is silly (hello WW). We do not
have situation when we need to discourage people to work each other in a
world-wide type of contest (I still find myself calling CQs without takers!),
actually countries that produce most contesters get penalized for it!
   With this change the records will not be upset, we will have more equal
scoring and I am sure that participation is going to be up. Let's see how it
works!

Back to TS870 modifications (looking better and better!) Now that we have
better WPX contest, we need better radios!

73 Yuri K3BU, VE3BMV