[CQ-Contest] CW SS log checking

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CW SS log checking
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun Apr 19 16:30:42 1998
At 01:06 PM 4/18/98 -0600, Matt--K7BG wrote:
>Congrats
>to VE7CC and VE4VV with NO QSO's lost. As you can see low power
>sweepstakers are more accurate than their high powered counterparts.

Hah!  Once again, for the 37th year, I had no QSOs deducted.

But seriously, folks... back before I broke 100K in SS for the first time,
I assumed that was the milestone when checking would begin.  Then 125K, 140
K, and last year 165K, and I have yet to have a single QSO deducted.

Having just winced over my CQWWCW U+D report, I KNOW there are dud QSOs in
my SS log.  I finished no higher relatively in CQWW than in SS.  It looks
like, at most, the ARRL checked no more than about 125 SS logs.  How do I
know that? -- I won my section, and evidently wasn't checked.  Looks to me
as if, unless you made the regional top 5 boxes, they took your log on faith.

Maybe this is the trade-off for quicker result publication, or maybe the
ARRL brings fewer hands to the task than CQ does, but it does make me uneasy.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com

"That's WEST Virginia.  Thanks and 73"