[CQ-Contest] Re: Even more WPX

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Even more WPX
From: AD6E@aol.com (AD6E)
Date: Thu Apr 30 02:46:24 1998
Harry points out what appears to be a serious problem.

Of course, OH to EA is a worst case. His best case is OH to UR2 (I'll ignore
OH0), and he can probably work it with ground wave.  I mean, really; Harry has
easily a dozen countries within 1,000 kM for which he gets 1 point, plus his
own country which will also be 1 point.

>From my QTH, 1,000 kM barely gets me out of my own country (Tijuana).  Even
Canada is farther than than 1,000 kM.  With the new rule, I can get 1 point
for all these guys within 1,000 kM.  This year they will all be zero pointers.

Is this unfair?  Tell you what, Harry,   I'll spot you the four points I'm
likely to get by working the two guys in Tijuana.

Maybe its not such a serious problem after all.

Its nice to see that I'll be on a more even scoring basis with our EU friends
next year.  Nothing is perfect, but for any contester there's nothing worse
than zero point Qs.

73, Al   AD6E near San Francisco

<<So, if you will get 1 point for all the QSOs inside your own country why
not then also give us 2 points for QSOs in the same continent? Or what is
the difference between QSO from Ontario to Indiana and from Finland to
Spain (except we get less points for longer distance)?

73
Harry OH6YF>>