[CQ-Contest] Cheap Alternative

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Cheap Alternative
From: no6x@inreach.com (Mike)
Date: Fri May 1 04:00:52 1998
Hey all you guys looking for a cheap alternative to the Heil Proset, the
answer just arrived.
Radio Shack has a Headset with attached microphone that resembles a Heil
Proset, and they are on sale this month for 29.95. The guys at the store
were nice enough to let me take it apart and look inside. with very little
work(removing a small bit of plactic used to hold the stock element in
place) You could install a Heil Element. Total price including Heil element
about 60 bucks!
one thing that is extremely different is that the microphone comes off of
the opposite side as the Heil, but no biggy!
I had to replace My Proset as I gave mine to Z31JA while visiting
Macedonia, so will report on how it works.

73
Mike...NO6X most recently d.b.a. Z38X & Z38/NO6X

Oh yeah, I have no monitary intrest in either Radio Shack or Heil, for
those wondering. Just a cheap Ham like many others

Check out my home page at http://home.inreach.com/no6x