[CQ-Contest] RE: N.A. 2 Pointers

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: N.A. 2 Pointers
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Fri May 1 09:05:13 1998
On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Art & Linda Hubert wrote:

> Over 30 years ago, the contest committee for WPX decided to award N.A.
> stations 2 points for 20-10 and 4 points for 160-40 to help bolster
> Caribbean acitivity.  There were very few stations and DXpeditions
> taking part in the contest from this part of the world because they
> could not compete.  Since very few Caribbean stations make the top ten
> at two points, you can see their reasoning behind eliminating the one
> point QSO for this area.

Ohhhwaaa... Wait-a-second...  You are telling me that a caribbean station
can't compete in the WPX contest if the points are changed from 2-4 to
1-2 for NA QSO's ???  I seriously doubt it.  The caribbean is one of the
best places to operate a radio in the world, regardless of how many
points per QSO you give.

At any rate... I dont see why the guys in Europe would care one way or
the other about how many points per QSO KP2 gets in WPX.  SM2EKM is no
more competing with KP2 then I am with KP2.  So if it makes it more
interesting for the guys that go to the caribbean to make the points the
same for P4 as they are in KP2... then I say... "So what?"

73

Bill, W4AN