[CQ-Contest] Contesting Ethics

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contesting Ethics
From: k4oj@ij.net (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Sun May 24 00:40:56 1998
Agreed, Doug

Power bending is about as low as you can go - those who seek to level the
playing field by breaking the rules are lower than low...while we all laugh
at the sight of big amps in some of the big Gun QTHs - Soup does NOT
impress me - finesse is much more impressive...getting beat out by better
timing/tailending etc - THAT is slick.

Packet abuse stinks, too.....but something I do NOT understand is how SO
many hams accept running power as a "normal" thing.  I remember once
talking with one ham about how K1GQ had set up multiple monoband SB220s for
quick QSY during contesting and his response was that he should have just
gotten a three hole Alpha, he would have spent about the same amount of
money and he could have run some soup.....I said nothing then, and still
remember that conversation some 20 years later.

Oh well....see ya later, eh?

73,

Jim, K4OJ

Florida Contest Group - visit our website at:

http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm

The Florida Contest Group sponsors the Florida QSO Party, check out the FQP
website@:

http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/fcg/ssqp.htm