[CQ-Contest] CQ Philadelphia

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ Philadelphia
From: k8mr@barf80.nshore.org (Jim Stahl)
Date: Thu Jun 11 01:49:38 1998

Through a major scheduling screwup, I allowed a family trip to be
arranged for this coming weekend without it registering in my
mind that this was also the June VHF QSO Party weekend.  Anyway,
I will be in Langhorne, PA through Sunday morning, so was
wondering if there are either (1) any guys in the area with some
sort of 6 & 2 meter antennas that might host a guest op for a few
hours, (2) any contest operations that would not be terribly far
away that would welcome a casual visitor, or (3) any contesters
that would just like to get together and show off their stuff to
a visiting midwesterner.

I am planning to bring my new IC-746 along, plus *very* simple
antennas to perhaps get on from my nephew's house if nothing
better materializes.  Which is to say you don't to have VHF rig.

I can be reached from Friday morning on at 215-579-8149.  Also
before noon on Thursday via my other e-mail account,
jimk8mr@aol.com, or my home phone, 216-831-6954.

73  -  Jim Stahl    K8MR

Jim Stahl
InterNet: k8mr@barf80.nshore.org
Basic Amateur Radio Frequency, BARF-80 +1 (440) 237-8208
"Totally devoted to Amateur Radio" - 24 Hrs a day 8/N/1 28.8k-1200 baud