[CQ-Contest] FD Purpose

Subject: [CQ-Contest] FD Purpose
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Mon Jun 15 18:02:41 1998

>Back in 1991 I wrote the ARRL with a proposal to add to Field
Day the
>ablity to work designated "emergency areas" during the event.

Sounds interesting.

I'v often thought it would be neat for the ARRL to either
designate stations that could be bonus point stations, much like
the Headquarters stations in IARU Radiosport, or stations who
identify themselves as operating from established Emergency
Operations Centers give a special exchange or add a "portable"
identifier of some sort to their callsign to indentify themselves
as an EOC station (e.g., W5RRR/EOC) .

73,
dale, kg5u