[CQ-Contest] Re: Field Day "D" stations

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Field Day "D" stations
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jun 29 17:04:53 1998
In a message dated 6/29/98 12:26:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time, ddjones@nas.com
writes:

<< Tom:
  I share your disgust with those that don't read the crazy rules, and I sure
  as hell don't like mouthy kids on the air.  In this case though, I think
 Richard
  is right......just work 'em.  It's an "operating event", to have a bunch of
 fun,
  no matter who you work.

Well, I guess I'm a little surprised at the response to my lament. In fact, I
haven't been this surprised in the general mood about rule compliance since I
got outraged about high powered amplifiers in an NCJ editorial and found out
that almost nobody cared about how much power DXers and Contesters run.

Next year I will WFWL (Work First, Worry Later).... or did we just decide that
we shouldn't be editing the logs after the contest period..... or did I forget
that FD is an operating event, not a contest... or............

Tom, K5RC