[CQ-Contest] programmable keyboard

Subject: [CQ-Contest] programmable keyboard
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed Jun 24 17:57:09 1998
Years ago there was a discussion on the reflector (long ago enough that it
was about the only reflector out there, other than "DX") about the
mail-order availability of a programmable keyboard that appeared to be
identical to the Gateway 124-key "Anykey" keyboard, but cost about half as
much.  The particular appeal is that it had a 12-key F1-12 on the left as
well as above the keyboard, which would be very handy for me (I'm
left-handed) with TR Log.

My current clone keyboard has just started typing double-Ws and from past
experience I know that won't get anything but worse.  I'd sure like to find
the source now, in hopes the keyboard is still made.  I've just spent the
last half-hour leafing through the reflector archive without success,
looking for the answer.  Does anyone have the info tucked away somewhere?

Thanks!

73,  Pete Smith N4ZR
In wild, wonderful, fairly rare WEST Virginia