[CQ-Contest] An August Idea

Subject: [CQ-Contest] An August Idea
From: k8mr@barf80.nshore.org (Jim Stahl)
Date: Fri Jul 31 22:02:39 1998

Now that August (GMT) has arrived, I will offer my improved
scoring suggestion:  base qso points on ITU Regions.  Work
someone in your own region, get, say, 2 points; outside your
region you get 3 points.

To get the higher point qsos you have to work across an ocean,
not just the Carribean or the Mediterranean.  (Yes, QSOs across
the Persian Gulf would get 3 points.  But until the great Saudi
and Iranian amateur radio booms happen, it won't matter).

Note that UA9/0 is Region 1, so these would be 3 pointers for the
guys in JA/south Asia.

I'm not holding my breath waiting for the change, but I think
this idea makes a lot of sense.

Jim   K8MR

Jim Stahl
InterNet: k8mr@barf80.nshore.org
Basic Amateur Radio Frequency, BARF-80 +1 (440) 237-8208
"Totally devoted to Amateur Radio" - 24 Hrs a day 8/N/1 28.8k-1200 baud