[CQ-Contest] checking of scores-ss cw

Subject: [CQ-Contest] checking of scores-ss cw
From: K4BAI@worldnet.att.net (John T. Laney, III)
Date: Thu Jul 2 17:50:42 1998
With regard to the recent message from NA2N, it seems to me that every
contest sponsor should have a firm rule:  If log checking reduces an
apparent winner's claimed score below that of another entrant, that
entrant's score should be subjected to the same log checking regimen.
Ideally that rule should apply to non-winners as well, but that may not
be practical.  It is inherently unfair to accept an unchecked claimed
score as a winner over a reduced score from another who had the log
reduced by a log checker.  I do not want to be a winner that way.  Nor
do I think anyone else would. 73, John, K4BAI.