[CQ-Contest] Re: CQ-Contest Digest V1 #558

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: CQ-Contest Digest V1 #558
From: w9wi@bellsouth.net (Doug Smith W9WI)
Date: Tue Jul 7 01:35:54 1998
At 11:45 PM 7/2/98 -0400, W4AN wrote:
>1.  Is it OK to tape record the contest and play it back after the
>contest (before sending in the log) to correct copying mistakes during
>the contest?

IMHO, yes.  Provided it's *you*, the original operator, who does the playing
back & correcting.

>2.  Is it OK to gather a bunch of logs of say other club members, stick
>them in to a database, and generate information about the logs before
>they are sent in to the sponsor?

Again, IMHO yes.  Provided the information generated that way is not used to
modify any of the logs before they're submitted.  (IOW, I would have no
problem with generating some kind of club statistical report for a
newsletter article, or telling members what their unique rate is within the
group, or something like that.  Telling WB9NME that he should correct 1S1XA
in his log to 1S1SA because that's what everyone else copied would be a
problem.)

73 Doug