[CQ-Contest] TU / R for acknowledgement

Subject: [CQ-Contest] TU / R for acknowledgement
From: CP2235@aol.com (CP2235@aol.com)
Date: Sun Jul 26 16:55:55 1998
kg5u wrote:

<< Having spent much time as the caller in the QSO, I think I feel a
 bit uneasy about the completeness of the QSO if the running
 station 'acknowledges' my report by simply
 sending his callsign to solicit the next QSO.  I WANT
 acknowledgement.  I want recognition that what I sent has been
 received.  A callsign doesn't cut it for me. Throw me a bone, be
 it an "R" or "TU" or whatever, but not just the callsign.

I CAN ONLY SECOND THAT!!!  Please think about it. The scenario as described by
ve3bmv ("I will ask for fills when I need one") is just not watertight. It can
be disturbed by QRM or whatever. If I look at the LOTS of wrong calls people
have me in their log with ( I know that from the UBN-report) I really feel
that a little acknowledgement is not wasted time but instead good operating
practice.

TU, Con DF4SA           Cornelius Paul           CP2235@aol.com