[CQ-Contest] INNOVATIVE IDEA??

Subject: [CQ-Contest] INNOVATIVE IDEA??
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III)
Date: Fri Jul 31 12:20:12 1998
Scot Herrick writes:

>Rather than talk about all of the different scoring ideas, why can't we have
>a "simulated" contest within the contest. In short, report on the current
>scoring structure, but have an alternative scoring fit an agreed-upon format
>for the simulation.

You could, and even as N5IA suggests we dont even have to
wait until the next contest we can do it with old logs but,
changing the scoring will change the way the contest is operated.

At 6D2X we usually do this just too see how close our score is
to HC8N.

Example:

If you get on from 6D2X and run the CQ WW SSB contest
then you try to run as many 3 point contacts as you
can - even staying outside of the US subbands to
avoid having most US stations calling you when you
are running Europe.  You also make band choices
based on this point structure.  If the point
structure is changed then they way that someone at
6D2X operates the contest will change.   This in turn
will change others choices.

So you really need to try it for real to see the effect.

I like the idea.

--

George Fremin III          "I'm talkin' 'bout that outlaw X
Austin, Texas                It's cuttin' through the air.... "