[CQ-Contest] Has the contest started?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Has the contest started?
From: w2up@itw.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Fri Jul 3 12:29:03 1998
We've all been discussing when the contest ends, and what's OK and
what's not. Personally, I think logs should be sent in within 24
hours, and that solved many of the "dilemmas." (I mentioned this is
an earlier post, but never saw it hit the reflector.

Now for another question :

WHEN DOES THE CONTEST START?

Is it OK to start CQing and giving out 599s before the contest to
grab a good frequency for the contest's start?
Is it OK to set up your CT (or NA/TR) log before the contest? If you
can't massage a log post-contest, why can you prepare it pre-contest?

I am being facetious here, but maybe there's something to it?
73 Barry
--
Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up@itw.com
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com