[CQ-Contest] Re: [na-user] New IARU Rules

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: [na-user] New IARU Rules
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher, W4AN)
Date: Fri Jul 10 22:25:27 1998
>Some have interpreted these rules to mean that each IARU official is his or
>her own separate mult.  (For example VE3XYZ is AC and XE1XXX is AC this
>counts as two mults.)  To me, the wording of the rules does not seem to
>support this.  I interpret the rules to mean that AC, R1, R2, and R3 are
>legitimate multipliers on each band (not band-mode; mults are counted by
>band).  Therefore there are 90 possible ITU zone mults, four IARU officals
>mults, plus the HQ stations.

Gee, I read it that you can work XE1XXX, VE3XYZ, K3ZO, and K1KI all on the
same band, each counting for a new mult if they all sign AC.  I'm CCing
K1KI on this, maybe he has some thoughts on this subject.  I'll be gone to
the station to do the contest before I see any replies.  I'm going to log
them just like an HQ station an worry about totalling them after the
contest when we figure out how they count.

73

Bill Fisher, W4AN (EX KM9P)
http://www.contesting.com