[CQ-Contest] more - Call Signing

Subject: [CQ-Contest] more - Call Signing
From: ddjones@nas.com (Dale Jones K5MM)
Date: Tue Jul 21 18:36:43 1998
 Gentlemen:
 Bill, W4AN (and super-op at K6T  in WARC contest) has clearly earned
 the right to speak on this subject -- many of course should listen to him.

 I would suggest that Dick Norton, N6AA (and dozens of juicy DX calls
 and world-high Contest results as well) has also clearly earned his right to
 speak on this subject.  Like W4AN, he has earned the right to be listened
 to with respect and sincerity.

 Unless you've walked in their shoes, it would be best to listen to them.

 It's also been said many times before, here and other places, that ONE
 SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL !!  Or, to put it another way, there is more
 than one way to skin a cat !!  Just like there isn't one antenna, or one radio,
 or one location --- ad nauseum --- there is plenty of room for differences.

 Also, it is noteworthy that the style CHANGES real-time during a contest,
 thus it's important to know when to change with conditions.  THAT's where
 championship calibre operating comes from.

 The winning way will be borne out over a long period of time, under many
 different conditions, for each individual operator.

 73
 Dale  K5MM