[CQ-Contest] Contest Proposals at IARU Region II Conference

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest Proposals at IARU Region II Conference
From: aalaun@ibm.net (Fred Laun K3ZO)
Date: Tue Aug 4 22:08:05 1998
I have been looking over some of the matters which IARU Region II Member
Societies plan to raise for discussion at the IARU Region II Conference, to
be held in Venezuela in late September/early October.

So far there are two proposals regarding contesting:

The Argentina club (RCA) is proposing that IARU Region II societies provide
training for contesters in their respective countries so that contesters
give their callsigns at reasonable intervals while operating contests.

The Mexico club (FMRE) is proposing that each IARU Member Society worldwide
sponsor at least one contest each year.  Since my count of IARU Member
Societies from the current list on the IARU Web Site runs to 146, I guess
there will be an awful lot of new contests coming down the pike if this
proposal passes!

73, Fred, K3ZO