[CQ-Contest] NAQP - 100 watt limit

Subject: [CQ-Contest] NAQP - 100 watt limit
From: k4oj@ij.net (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Fri Aug 7 06:57:25 1998
WA4QDM spoketh:

"the easy solution is to limit power to 100 watts and leave the amps out of
the equation!"

....what about the transceiver that runs 60W out?

a power limit is a power limit is a power limit, those who do not compete
with honour (also known as cheaters) will cheat no matter what....they also
run 2KW instead of 1.5, etc......

What is the goal?

If it is to make a contest where everyone is on the infamous level playing
field maybe we should give a multiplier to those guys who have antennas
farther away from the shack whose feedline lengths are not only long but
have their output going through lossy remote relay boxes.....etc, etc.

Decide what your goal here is - if it is a given power level it is a given
power level.....if you think that not having a linear in the line is a
preventative measure to keep those from running power from doing so you are
being foolish.

73,

Jim, K4OJ

Florida Contest Group - visit our website at:

http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm

The Florida Contest Group sponsors the Florida QSO Party, check out the FQP
website@:

http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/fcg/ssqp.htm