[CQ-Contest] NAQP Power

Subject: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Power
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com (PaulKB8N@aol.com)
Date: Fri Aug 7 12:03:12 1998

<< Sorry to disagree with Dr. Bafoofnik, but I do not think an operator's
 reputation is hurt if he uses an amp internal to his radio or external to
 reach legal power for a contest, so long as he abides completely with the
 rules of the contest. >>
I agree, I am considering getting a solid state amp for the purpose of being
able to operate at teh same power level as the rest.

They say you can't hear the difference between 100W and 150W.  Hogwash!  It is
not hearing that counts, since most operators use AGC.  150W will "capture"
the AGC over 100W every time, no matter how loud you "feel".

Paul, KB8N