[CQ-Contest] Activity in WAE and WRTC

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Activity in WAE and WRTC
From: Tine.Brajnik@GUEST.ARNES.SI (Tine Brajnik)
Date: Thu Aug 13 18:49:07 1998

HI Dave and all others,

I would like to correct you Dave that we (organizational committee of
WRTC2000) have not put WAE on the list of contests which should count for
WRTC. Please read our communique again and you will find just possibility
that for EU our European HF championship should count (it is a conditional
statement). And final decision is not made yet so selection criterias could
be modified. We will announce all in due time.

But question on WAE is raised on the right time. Being quite active in all
WAE contests last twenty years found noticeable decrease in activity. Past
CW one I can find many 2 or 3 minutes gaps between QSOs even though bands
(15,20,40) was wide open. Due to QRC traffic this contest is the best one
from my point of view but it seems that organizer just do not have "lucky
hand" choosing the rules. We all remember different operation times in past,
different multiplier scale, different categories etc. If trend will go on
then soon WAE will not be considered as first class contest anymore. I would
decrease number of QTC to 5 instead 10, make contest shorter and try with
much more publicity since this one is European "ARRL DX contest".

73

Tine S50A