[CQ-Contest] WAE my opinion

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WAE my opinion
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Mon Aug 17 09:08:24 1998

> DARC's official
> opinion is "wait for the sunspots". I call that long term thinking...

I call that short term thinking.  If they were thinking long term they
would be thinking about the next solar minimum.  I hate to be
pessimistic, but if you are making unanswered CQ's on Sunday now, what will
happen in 8 years?

It's time contest officials started living for the future and not in the
past.  Contest sponsors should look to tweak the rules to increase
participation and ensure the future of their contest.

> Support low band QSOs. That would increase the total QSO figures as well as
> the fun on the low bands.

Strongly agree.  This works nicely in the WPX contest where I stay on 40
meters for every QSO I can eek out because of the double QSO point
value.  Only negative is that it usually creates geographic advantages
that may or may not be there now.

73

Bil