[CQ-Contest] My postman is mad!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] My postman is mad!
From: gm4fdm@scotsboy.sol.co.uk (Tom Wylie)
Date: Sun Oct 18 08:34:04 1998

SHORT PLEA FROM QSL MANAGER

The CQWW CW is coming up again shortly.?? I am QSL Manager for 5V7A.??? I am
still dealing with masses of Buro cards from last year.

PLEASE PLEASE make my life and that of my postman a little easier.?? To be
frank
and honest we really dont want masses of QSL cards.?? In saying that what I
mean is?

IF YOU WORK 5V7A ON ALL 6 BANDS

PLEASE DONT SEND 6 QSL CARDS - ONE QSL CARD WILL DO AND YOU CAN LIST ALL YOUR
QSOs ON THE BACK OF THE CARD OR BY SINGLE OR BETTER STILL MULTI LABELS.

The 5V7A cards are designed for multi reply QSOs on the same card, but if for
any reason you wish separate band cards - I am perferctly willing to do this,
but please indicate this on your incoming cards.??? Please, please dont waste
your money, the time of the buro, incur the wrath of my postman etc etc by
sending single band/cards for all your QSOs.??

At least one station has worked 5V7A in 1997 on 6 bands - 4 of the bands twice
(safety QSOs I suspect) and now has sent me 10 QSL cards in the same
package.??
I wont embarrass the german station concerned - 1 QSL will do thank you!!!!

Sorry to labour the point, but when you manage several stations the
ovwerwhelming burdon of QSLs after the Contest is a nightmare.??? Help me to
help you - make the system more efficient and the turn around time quicker!

73 de Tom - GM4FDM
see you in the Contest!
http://www.voodudes.com