[CQ-Contest] Re: CQ-Contest Digest V1 #669

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: CQ-Contest Digest V1 #669
From: AD6E@aol.com (AD6E@aol.com)
Date: Wed Oct 21 18:12:30 1998
> From: Bill Fisher - W4AN <w4an@contesting.com>
>  Subject: [CQ-Contest] Attn USA 40M CQWW SSB Ops
>
>  I've been getting bashed by some Europeans and my friend K3ZO this morning
>  for listening below 7040Khz in the DX contest.  In the words of one "It's
>  a disgustingly selfish approach".
>
>  So I would like to hear from all of you who will call CQ on 40 meter SSB
>  this weekend, but who will not listen below 7040Khz.  So far I have one.
>  But he attends the meetings of the IARU, so I'm not sure he counts.
>
>  I'll start counting now.

If you listen below 7050 you won't hear me call you, and I'll consider your
CQing as nothing better than a broadcast station since I can't answer you, and
I can't use your CQing freq as my listening freq. Totally useless.  You guys
on the east coast seem only to be interested in EU. What about the rest of the
world?

Al  AD6E @ WH6H