[CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes Sections

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes Sections
From: bschwerdlin@hlb.com (Bob Schwerdlin)
Date: Tue Nov 10 10:07:57 1998
I aggree!

Several hours before the start of SS this year, I checked my computer
program, NA-10.12 and looked at the section list.  I remember that I had
added NNY and WWA? before this past field day.

I seem to recall that there was another section that was going to be added
and I thought it might be a Canadian section, however I couldn't remember
which one it might be.  I got out my current issue of QST and looked at the
rules and the section info at the begining of the mag and I didn't see any
RAC sections listed.  So I started SS this year,not knowing if there was 78
or 79 sections.  It didn't matter, since I missed the latest section, "NL"
anyway.  I ended up missing NNY and NL.  I wish a list could have been
printed, or at least a number stating how many sections there were to
work... Just for sh*ts & grins.

Highlights to this years SS effort was that 10M was my opening band.  I
have NEVER, EVER started out a contest on 10M, but it was open.  I got YT,
PR, VI, AK and PAC all in the first hour.  I thought that getting YT/NWT so
early in the test, that the sweep would be MUCH easier.  Who knew... NNY, I
still can't believe it.  Oh Well.

73,

... Bob, WG9L