[CQ-Contest] Re: Score Reduction Penalties Are Good Policy

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Score Reduction Penalties Are Good Policy
From: JEH@on.mobile.telia.se (Jan-Erik Holm)
Date: Thu Nov 12 08:29:07 1998
This is all fine and I agree ofcourse but there are other
problems.
As far as I understand both parties involved will get hit,
that is if someone gets my call wrong that QSO will not
count for me (maybe I even get a penalty?). Now this is
very difficult to defend against since both calls isn´t
transmitted by the calling station. It could be like this:
QRZ test de N6AA
de SM2EKM
SM2EKM 59903
R TU 59914 SU
Most QSO´s will look similar to this. In this case Dick
would know if I have his call ok or not he just have to
hope.
Ofcourse if I log this QSO wrong I should get hit but
not N6AA, I´m not sure it works that way.

73, Jim SM2EKM