[CQ-Contest] To keep or not to keep?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] To keep or not to keep?
From: ua9cdc@dialup.mplik.ru (Igor Sokolov)
Date: Mon Dec 14 03:40:17 1998
 M/S category. Run station is on 20 m. I am looking for mult on 15m. I call
what I think is a mult. Exchange reports. Find out I got the call sign
incorrectly. That is not mult. Then I have three options (only three?):
1) Delete the qso from the log (the station I have worked will loose points
and possibly mult)
2) Make the qso zero points in my log (I will  be penalized for 10 min rule
violation, won't I?)
3) Log the station and stay on 15 for 10 minutes making it my run band (I
would rather prefer option 1 in order not to loose high speed run on 20m)

In all 3 scenarios the price of the mistake is very high. Is there a legal
way out without being much penalized for the mistake?

Igor, UA9CDC