[CQ-Contest] ARRL 10 Meter Contest

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL 10 Meter Contest
From: kc5ajx@hotmail.com (Rick Bullon)
Date: Mon Dec 14 09:28:56 1998
  Hello all.
  Well I just had the best time I ever had in a contest. I probably
didn't win any awards but I rack up the best score I ever had from this
little pop gun station ( TS 940 and a Butternut vertical antenna). It
was my first time using logging software.
 Now I know that there are those of you on here that would laugh at my
score but even if I didn't win I had fun all weekend and I almost
complete WAS just need Delaware. I also snagged (in my opinion) some
great DX including Moldavia (sp) ER0F!
 I've read about guys on here running 100+ QSO's an hour well the best I
did was 20 at around 1700z on the 13th but I ran DX contacts for over an
hour into Europe and that is not from a W1 but a 5 call area with a
vertical the band was great!
  Now you guys will probably laugh at this score but I ended up with 210
QSO's 30 DX multis 35 domestic multis and a score of 30600.
  So if you think this is a stupid post and I'm bragging about nothing
heck I don't care I'm proud of it after all I don't have a big tower or
stacks of monobanders or even a tribander (well I have the tower and a
TH6 but that are not up yet) or running a KW I am a little station
running barefoot you might say I running the bare minimum for a station.
But just wait till next year when I get the beam up if the band is
better than this year I won't beat anyone but I won't be at the bottom
either
  I have one question about one QSO. I worked SP7VC and he signed /7 I
assume he was in the 7th US call area and not in Slovenia (sp) if so I
lost 1 dx multi as the program logged as a DX station. anyone know if he
was here or over there?
73
Rick
KC5AJX