[CQ-Contest] 10 meter contest long path opening?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 10 meter contest long path opening?
From: w7why@harborside.com (Tom Osborne)
Date: Tue Dec 15 23:18:09 1998
Hi All
In the 10 meter contest this past Saturday, about 2200z, I had
the antenna NorthEast working stateside stations when out of the
blue, 3 VK's called me.  Was that some kind of a long path
opening in the middle of the day or what?  The only other VK I
worked was short path later on in the evening.  If that was so,
that was the first long path QSO I've made on 10.  Sure was a fun
contest!  73 and Merry Christmas to all!
Tom W7WHY