[CQ-Contest] technology-the other perspective

Subject: [CQ-Contest] technology-the other perspective
From: DougKR2Q@aol.com (DougKR2Q@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jan 9 08:46:24 1999
Hi Contesters:

Well, this is sure an interesting discussion.  Having never done an RTTY
contest, I will not take any position pro or con.  But I can tell you that
this seems like a total nightmare for the contest sponsor.  Since the
"computer" can "listen" to so many bands at once, yet the return can be
controlled to be "one signal at a time," it appears that several qso's can
take place on different band within a single minute (antennas and rigs
permitting).  So how does the sponsor plan to "catch" those who ARE sending
out 2 (or more?) signals simultaneously?  How can the sponsor distinguish SO
from M/M?  What a can of worms!

I also find a HUGE problem with N5NJ's "solution."  What is the definition of
"running?"  Oh boy!

Glad this is NOT one I do!

de Doug KR2Q