[CQ-Contest] Re: WPX rules

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: WPX rules
From: no6x@inreach.com (Mike Nash, NO6X)
Date: Mon Mar 1 22:37:37 1999
Well I have been reading this thread with some intrest here as WPX is by
far my favorite contest. It makes no difference to me how the scoring goes
to me, but let me make a remark about it being called a US-QSO party.
Last year I was operating as Z38X, wanna talk about a QSO party???
it was the EU qso party in my log...only difference is the amount of points
I received for each qso. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about it,
just saying The remark was sorta like the pot calling the kettle black.
I got no complaints about it, scored #5 World SOABLP. I figure If I had
operated the full 36 hours I might have done a little better.
In 1996 I did WPX as my first ever contest I was #1World Rookie, guess the
finishes explain why it is my favorite lotsa US qso's but the mults were
still appreciated.
I think if you play in the contest there is a chance you will have fun
doing it, then you can remark about how the rule change afected your score.
If you do not operate in the contest, you got nothing to complain
about...kinda like not voting and then complaining about the President.
Work it first, have fun, THEN and ONLY THEN can you have something to
complain about.

see y'all in WPX, not sure where from yet, as I just moved, but I promise
it will be an uncommon prefix.

Mike...NO6X

A Keyring, what a handy gadget. It allows me to lose all of my keys at one
time.