[CQ-Contest] WRTC 2000 Communique No.3A

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WRTC 2000 Communique No.3A
From: Tine.Brajnik@GUEST.ARNES.SI (Tine Brajnik)
Date: Tue Mar 2 12:48:40 1999
WRTC2000
ORGANIZATION COMMITTEE, COMMUNIQUÉ No.3A

Ljubljana, Slovenia, March 2nd, 1999

Have you ever heard the joke about drilling the tunnels?

Well, there were American, Russian and Slovenian talking about drilling
tunnels. So the American said: ?We are so good, that when we start drilling
from opposite sides, we come together as close as one meter!?. And the
Russian immediately replied: ?Well, that?s not good enough! We are so good,
that when we start drilling from opposite sides, we come together as close as
half meter!? Finally the Slovenian said: ?We are so good, that when we start
drilling from opposite sides, we may either come together tightly or do not
meet at all. Well, then you have two tunnels for the same money!?

So guys, we?ll have two IARU contests in year 2000!   :-)  :-)

However, below is the revised time schedule for the WRTC2000.

Day 1 - Wednesday, 5th July 2000

        0800  Official beginning; the contest/liaison office is opened
        1600  Pick-nick (barbecue)
        2100  Meeting (Judges, Referees and Organization Committee)

Day 2 - Thursday, 6th July 2000

        0900  Meeting attended by competitors and members of the
                             Contest Committee.
                  For other participants excursion will be organized.
        1600  Competition - ?Pile-up tapes?
        2000  Opening ceremony
        2100  Hospitality suites (sponsored by different nations)

Day 3 - Friday, 7th July 2000

        0900  Location draw attended by competitors, judges, referees and
                  other officials.
                  For other participants excursion will be organized;
        1400  Competitors and judges start moving to different locations
                  around Slovenia. They will return to Bled after the contest..

Day 4 - Saturday, 8th July 2000

        1200  GMT, WRTC2000 competition starts.
                  For other participants excursion will be organized.

Day 5 - Sunday, 9th July 2000

        1200  GMT, WRTC2000 competition ends.
                             For other participants excursion will be organized;
        2000  Hospitality suites

Day 6 - Monday, 10th July 2000

        0900  Excursion for competitors and other participants
        1900  Winners announcement and closing ceremony
        2000  Gala dinner

Day 7 - Tuesday, 11th July 2000

        Departure.

73, Tine Brajnik, S50A