[CQ-Contest] Upcoming ARRL SSB Contest

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Upcoming ARRL SSB Contest
From: christor@MICROSOFT.com (Christoph Rheker)
Date: Thu Mar 4 08:59:10 1999
Those of you planing to operate 80 meters on the weekend:

Like many other small pistols(500w and a vert.), I scan the band for
stations calling CQ and try to make a QSO.

During the past 3 years, I heard several times W5's and W0's with
good signals answering CQ's of the loud Euros. BUT I have found
almost none of them calling CQ. So, if condx permit, you big guns
start some CQs and wait for masses of Euros giving you a QSO..))

It's alsways nice to work a Mult from New Mexico, Colorado etc.. on 80 SSB.

73
Chris DL4YAO