[CQ-Contest] Re: [ct-user] Supercheck-partial?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: [ct-user] Supercheck-partial?
From: k0hb@uswest.net (Hans K0HB)
Date: Mon Mar 8 11:30:44 1999
Ron Stordahl wrote:

> If you can generate enough enthusiasm for a logging program with restricted
> features as you describe, perhaps someone will step forward and design one.
> But what would you like to eliminate?

That's a good question, Ron.  I think it really depends on who you ask.

My "thing" is that "contesters ought to copy what is sent", so for me,
I'd like to see "supercheck partial" go away, along with any other
feature that "fills in a blank" such as power in ARRL DX (if you've
already worked them on another band), or zone in CQWW.

I think dupe checking is fine, and cluster-spotting (so long as that is
an "assisted" category) is OK too.

I guess if I were a hide-bound purist, I'd also be against program-sent
CW, and voice cards, but I'm not.  Go figure.

73, Hans, K0HB

--
~~~
  Observation the morning after the contest:

  "A logging computer lets you make more mistakes faster than
   any invention in human history -- with the possible
   exceptions of a quart of tequila and a borrowed Vibroplex
   key." K0HB
~~~