[CQ-Contest] FT1000MP Mods

Subject: [CQ-Contest] FT1000MP Mods
From: Fatchett.Mike@tci.com (Fatchett, Mike)
Date: Wed Mar 10 14:25:53 1999
I was just looking at the International radio page and they have a mod for
the 1000MP.

We now have a mod for the FT-1000MP: a small 70MHz I.F. amplifier. It boosts
the front-end gain a few dB. The IF gain setting in menu item 9-1 is then
reduced to compensate, and the radio's background hiss is greatly reduced.
The byproduct is increased sensitivity of 2-4 DB in noise floor reduction.
This is a plug-in, no-solder mod which can be easily removed.

Anyone tried one of these?  Any other decent mods?

Mike
W0MU