[CQ-Contest] SS Log check

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS Log check
From: n4bp@bc.seflin.org (Bob Patten)
Date: Wed Mar 24 14:36:35 1999
On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, George Fremin III wrote:

> I once asked K1ZZ how he managed to get such low error rates.
> He told me that he asks for repeats if he has the slightest
> doubt about what he copied.  This in my mind is what we should
> be working towards.

Absolutely!  I probably loose a lot of time on fills during contests, but
I'm proud of my 0.8% error rate in this year's CW SS (5 busted calls, 6 exch
errors out of 1300+) and I can say without hesitation that I did NO log
checking following the contest.  Now that ARRL is doing significant log
checking, I'm looking forward to comparing the standings posted on 3830 to the
results in QST.  I knew I'd been saving those "final" 3830 compilations
for some reason.  :-)

           73,
                                   ,'' '',
     Bob Patten, N4BP              ( 0 0 )               Plantation, FL

                         E-Mail: n4bp@bc.seflin.org
              Web Page: http://wg104a.wh.uni-stuttgart.de/~n4bp
                     Brass Pounder BBS: (954) 472-7715