[CQ-Contest] New WPX Rules...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] New WPX Rules...
From: k6ll@juno.com (k6ll@juno.com)
Date: Sun Mar 28 22:45:05 1999
I have never operated the WPX ssb contest in previous
years. I decided to operate this year because of the
rule change. I think there are quite a few people in
the same category, so the contest benefitted from more
participation.

While in the cq mode, I always kept the antenna pointed
at DX, and I always tried to go back to a DX station
if I was called by a pileup of DX/USA. In the S&P mode,
I called everybody, but lingered for a second call at
DX, if required. Even though my qth is optimum for USA
contacts, this was definitely NOT a USA QSO Party, with
over 1600 non-US qso's.

I think the rule change is wonderful, and I'm looking forward
to breaking the CW single band 15 Meter record, which I
currently hold.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]