[CQ-Contest] WPX views from midwest...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX views from midwest...
From: KI9A@aol.com (KI9A@aol.com)
Date: Mon Mar 29 19:16:49 1999
Its really too bad some DX now considers this a US QSO party,   I made over a
1000Q's this weekend in around 20 hours.   Nice rates,  lots of DX, and if you
have ever operated from the "Blachhole" with low antennas like mine ( A3 @ 25'
),  you know that DX contests can get a bit boring.   Which brings me to my
point:
I have never spent a large amount of time in WPX until this year because of
the reason stated before.  Normally I hand my KI9 prefix out to the deserving
and that's about it.  This year,  the deserving,  including DX got multi-band
Q's from me, because folks,  the 1 point rule made this a bunch more
interesting to operate after the DX started to dry up.  Contesting is about
making QSO's,  and there is no reason to have a 0 point QSO in a contest
unless it is a dupe.  Out of 1075 Q's,  668 Q's went out to DX.   This is a
hell of a lot more than anytime I've ever operated WPX.  It was nice to give
additional points to KU8E, WT6V & others on 5 or 6 bands.  It is also nice to
work CN8WW, the P4's and others on several bands.  Anyone who puts as much
effort in to contesting as some of these guys do,  they deserve every point
they can get!  To sum it up,  I was on much longer than normal because of the
1 point rule & therefore worked more DX because I WAS on longer.....

One blackholer's opinion...
73 & cu in the WPX CW!!
Chuck KI9A