[CQ-Contest] MFJ Voice Keyer

Subject: [CQ-Contest] MFJ Voice Keyer
From: k8cc@ix.netcom.com (David A. Pruett)
Date: Sun Apr 11 00:57:56 1999
Don,

There may be three versions!  As I recall, when we were at WP3X in 1997 my
(then brand new) MFJ-432 had a different schematic and PCB layout from the
older examples owned by some of the other operators.  I don't think any of
these had relays.

Its enlightening to note that the W9XT Contest Card, which uses essentially
the same chip, has exhibited NO hum problems here, regardless of the radio
type.  The reason?  Gary isolated the output with a 600:600 transformer.
Gee, good engineering works!

BTW, I just bought a new Contest Card right before WPX SSB and they now
come with the larger ISD chip, so that each memory is 16 seconds long.  No
need to juggle messages for length now!

73,

Dave/K8CC