[CQ-Contest] Kenwood TS-50 vs Icom IC-706??

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Kenwood TS-50 vs Icom IC-706??
From: kreso@kreso.com (Kresimir Kovarik)
Date: Sat Apr 17 23:08:16 1999
Hi..

Any experience with this two transceivers (Knw TS-50 & IC-706),
of course on HF (1.8 - 30) for use in DXpedition/Contest??

Thanks...

73's de Kreso, 9A4KK (9a4kk@kreso.com )!

From: k0hb@arrl.org" <k0hb@arrl.org (K0HB - Hans)
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Choice of CW Narrow filters

G4TSH wrote:

>I think this is what is called Stochastic Resonance.

Out of curiosity I did a web-search on that term.
To my delight, one of the 'hits' was entitled, a key
word in the title being 'simple'.
  "A simple introduction to the Stochastic Resonance phenomenon"
Follows the first few paragraphs of that "simple" introduction!
"Since its introduction over ten years ago, stochastic resonance (SR)
has become very popular in many fields of natural science as a
paradigm which epitomizes noise-controlled onset of order in a
complex system."
"Although in the recent literature the notion of SR gained broader
significance, the archetype of SR models is represented by a simple
symmetric bistable process x(t) driven by both an additive random
noise, for simplicity, white and gaussian, and an external sinusoidal
bias. On keeping the forcing amplitude and frequency fixed, the
amplitude of the periodic component of the process, x, grows sharply
with the noise intensity until it reaches a maximum and, then,
decreases slowly according to a certain power-law."
"It was initially suggested that such a behavior results from the
attuning of a deterministic with a stochastic time scale, that is,
the forcing period To and the switching time T(D) of the un-biased
bistable process x(t), respectively."

Yeah, what he said.

73, de Hans, K0HB