[CQ-Contest] Re: QRQ code practice

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: QRQ code practice
From: HA1AG@compuserve.com (Andi & Zoli)
Date: Sat Apr 24 18:47:39 1999
> I'm looking for recommendations on SOMETHING
>(hardware/software) that will generate variable speed
>cw at up to, say, 60-70 wpm.  I'm on the train for the
>commute, so something portable is good too,
>though not necessary.  I'm looking for real cw
>practice, not RUFZ which only gives short bursts of
>QRQ (and I'd like more than callsigns too).

Hi Doug,

I suggest to give a try to TESTGEN written by WI5S. It's a good old
DOS-based software, which works fine on any OS-platform. You can practice
anything you want: text, random 5 charter groups etc.  It generates well
shaped CW even at very high speeds. It used to be a shareware but as I
heard Charlie made it a freeware couple of years ago.

I use(d) it myself to improve my CW skills.

73 de Zoli HA1AG