[CQ-Contest] SS Summary Comments VE4GV

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS Summary Comments VE4GV
From: eraub@umr.edu (Eric Raub)
Date: Sun Apr 25 12:29:06 1999
The Univ of MO-Rolla station, W0EEE, was one that copied the Ck as 67
instead of 72.  Unfortunately, the contact was our only Mb QSO, thus
dropping us from having a clean sweep.  For the record, we didn't use a DX
cluster area. Since one of our main goals in the club is to expose as many
people to HF contesting as possible, we normally have an operator running
the radio, one computer logging, and one doing a written log. We all try to
copy independently, then cross check each other.  I went back to check our
written log vs. computer log to see if there were any discrepancies between
the two, and we had 67 in both.  It's still quite possible that it was a
legimate error on our part (computer op may also have been filling in
written log), but it is an interesting coincidence that 11 copied 67 instead
of 72.  67 and 72 sound completely different.

Eric Raub (KI0MI)
UMR/MSM Amateur Radio Club (W0EEE)