[CQ-Contest] Sections, abbreviations and the meaning of life

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Sections, abbreviations and the meaning of life
From: v31jp@logical123.net (v31jp@logical123.net)
Date: Fri Apr 30 00:32:06 1999
Oh, this is making me feel pretty "long-in-the-tooth". Though
I prefer CW, I hope we do not give vocal conversation for the
keyboard only communications. Of course, when my long teeth
fall out, maybe I'll have to go "only" to the toothless mode
of CW or this new fangled keyboarding. But then, we did the
keyboards back in the 50's & 60's. I guess it's sort of long-
in-the-tooth, also. Hmmm?????

Of course, each mode has it's required skills and the better
the operator masters those skills, the better he will place
in a given contest. Each contest has it's unique style. If
they didn't, each weekend would be session #19 of the SAME-O
WW CW/SSB/RTTY Contest. It appears that some of us want to
have the contests fix "our" problems.

Example Quebec as QC. Seems logical to me, QuebeC, but then
I liked PQ, Provience of Quebec. The sections that can be,
use postal abbreviations. Los Angeles, of course, uses the
FAA airport designator. But then, Judge Koch didn't know that
MI stood for Michigan!

--
73 de K8 Joe "Palooka" & Beverly
Joe Pontek