[CQ-Contest] 1999 CH CW/SSB CONTEST May 1 - May 2, 1999

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 1999 CH CW/SSB CONTEST May 1 - May 2, 1999
From: w3dya@juno.com (Norman E Beavers)
Date: Thu Apr 29 22:49:20 1999
Hi contesters:

Anyone interested in a contest this weekend (since we haven't had enough,
yet, this year?), take a look at the CH CW/SSB CONTEST.  Starts 0000Z May
1 (Friday night) and ends 2400Z May 2 (Sunday night).

Expect to have 5 or 6 mobiles active during most of the contest in ME,
NH, MN, SD, GA, SC, TX, NJ-DE-MD-VA (if W1NN isn't struck by business
commitments), TX, ID - and others mobiles where and when you find 'em.
Plus a bunch of fixed stations.

Many mobiles will be capable of 40, 20, 15, and 10 meter operation; and
QSY on request (demand?)

Simple exchange:  RST, County, State; USA (incl AK and HI) mobiles worth
15 points each; everyone else in North America is fixed (1 point), and DX
is worth 5 points.  But 3,076 possible multipliers!

I'll be glad to provide info to anyone interested - I'll be leaving home
Friday afternoon shortly before contest time (7 PM CST).  email me at:
w3dya@juno.com or w3dya@prodigy.com or chcontest@qth.net so everyone
subscribed will get your message!

Then watch for TX QSO Party (without the Armadillo county) on April 22
and 23!

73, Norm, W3DYA