[CQ-Contest] S&P Procedure

Subject: [CQ-Contest] S&P Procedure
From: aa4lr@radio.org (Bill Coleman AA4LR)
Date: Mon May 3 09:07:39 1999
On 4/27/99 19:15, Dale L. Martin at kg5u@hal-pc.org wrote:

>I can recall a number of times being in a micro-pileup with
>another station and getting beat out.  Then, finding someone else
>to work a bit higher, working him, then moving up to find myself
>in yet another micro-pileup with the same station I was competing
>with before.  It seems to happen frequently enough that it can be
>a real time eater.

When I've recognised this happening, I'll skip 5-10 kHz up the band,
putting myself ahead of the "competition." It seems to work well, and it
beats getting beat out on practically every call.

Contesting with low power, with just about every QSO is S & P, this
happens more often than you'd think.

If you're bothered by the skipped bandwidth, you can always program the
start of the skip into the other VFO or a memory and go back to it.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@radio.org
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901