[CQ-Contest] Apr wpx and busted q

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Apr wpx and busted q
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III)
Date: Thu May 6 06:40:36 1999
Guy Olinger, K2AV writes:

> There is an alternative:
>
> TWO-WAY ACCURACY BONUS for each end of a qso with all elements correct
> at both ends.
>
> ADDED TO the scores by the log checking programs. No more penalties
> except for DQ for the usual kinds of ugly, on purpose stuff. Zero
> point busted QSO's.
>
> Publish the bonus portion of the scores with the scores. Looks at
> accuracy in a POSITIVE way.

I do not see how this is any diffrence than the
current system.

When I went to school there were some teachers that
scored tests by starting at 100 points and taking
points AWAY, others started at 0 and ADDED points.

I guess one method could be said to be positive and one
negative but I don't think many of the students
were fooled into thinking these were any diffrent.

--

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."