[CQ-Contest] busted Q's whine whine whine

Subject: [CQ-Contest] busted Q's whine whine whine
From: k7zum@teleport.com (ken knopp)
Date: Sun May 9 00:05:52 1999
Hi Doug, i agree on all of the below statements, and a few weeks ago i had
posted the s.s. scores for K7ZUM with a statement that some of the
contesters would just be agast at an error rate of 6.7% and somewhere around
47 busted calls, we had thought that it was a terrific score !! especially
since  i (dad) had made only about 35 q's, the rest of the 500 or 600 q's
were made by my two young boys, aged 12 and 13. what i did NOT POST was
there response to the checked log that Tree had sent us, and  being able to
actually see the results of there log and how it was scored, they simply
said, "cool dad" thats really neat to be able to see what we did wrong, now
we can do "better" in the next contest ! What was really intresting to note,
was what they did NOT SAY, which was , Gee Dad, why don't we petition the
contest sponsors and have them change the rules so we young kids don't have
to work so hard at actually getting the exchange right the first time !!
it's intresting, isn't it, how a 12 and 13 year old actually seem to be able
to read the rules, work the test, do there best, and in the end, see the
results, and just say, "cool dad" we'll do better next time !  seems like a
lot of the "older hams" could take a lesson from a couple of very "young
hams"

73   ken   k7zum