[CQ-Contest] Re: SCP

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: SCP
From: w9wi@bellsouth.net (Doug Smith)
Date: Wed May 12 10:50:20 1999
VE4XT wrote:
> SCP -- I'm on the fence on this one. What do you think? If the SCP
> database is compiled from the operator's own past contests, it seems to
> me to be but an extension of check partial. If it's OK to do check
> partial based on previous QSOs in the same contest, is it really a
> violation to do check partial based on QSOs in previous contests? Are

I use a SCP database created only from my own logs.  I have no ethical
dilemna with using it.  I copied all the information in it myself.
(unfortunately as the busted-call/exchange report illustrated, not
always correctly!)

Off the top of my head, I remember that K4WX's check is 57.  I remember
that K6LL's section is Arizona.  I remember that K3WWP prefers QRP & his
precedence will probably be Q.  The SCP database is an extension of that
part of my own memory.  Of course, I can only use that SCP database to
*suggest* what elements of the exchange should be - if I'm certain I
just heard K6LL send "AL" as his section, I'm probably going to ask for
a fill.

SCP databases of calls copied by *others* (or filled in other ways) I'm
much less fond of.  One is actually letting other people copy
information for you.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66