[CQ-Contest] avoiding NIL's

Subject: [CQ-Contest] avoiding NIL's
From: jfunk@adams.net (jim funk)
Date: Fri May 14 10:46:06 1999
KU7Y wrote:

"Does anyone see anything wrong with sending the other stations
call at the start of my exchange?? It does take time but just
might save some NIL errors later.

Only talking about CW...."

I see this happening frequently and do it occasionally.  When I send the
other station's call, I'm usually telling him, "There are two (or three...)
of you on top of each other and I'm calling YOU".  I don't like programming
my S/P exchange to do this all the time, because in clear condx it wastes
time...possible legal/contest requirements aside...and we've been through
that....

Hope everybody had fun at Dayton.  Stayed home to see KB9JIZ run at the
state track meet.  Dayton can wait....

73,  Jim N9JF

"Service is the rent we pay for the space we occupy." Dad